Bring in the New Year with these helpful housing resolutions:
- Create an annual budget for your mortgage and home improvement needs. Consider increasing your monthly mortgage payments this year – try 10% – to shorten the life of your loan.
- Set up autopay for your mortgage payments.
- Cut down your energy use. Consider replacing old insulation and installing energy-efficient light bulbs.
- Inspect your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms to ensure they’re functional.
- Declutter your home. Adding extra storage will make reorganizing a breeze.
- Reduce your water use by installing low-flow showerheads and toilets, and planting drought-tolerant landscaping.
- Add some color to your yard by planting a garden. Try your favorite vegetables and a variety of flowers.
- Make a list of all the maintenance issues around the house, then complete two of them each month.
- Spruce up your home by giving it a new paint job or re-staining your cabinets. New decorative pillows, window treatments and wall décor also add color to your home and make it more inviting.
- If this is the year you’re ready to move, call me to set up a listing appointment!
Happy New Year!