Valentine's Day Trivia Fun Facts
- About 3% of pet owners give Valentine’s Day Gifts to their pets.
- Hallmark has more than 1,330 different card specifically designed for Valentine’s Day
- American women say they’d rather receive chocolates than flowers on Valentine’s Day.
- Teachers will receive the most Valentine’s cards, followed by children, mothers, wives, and sweethearts.
- About one billion Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged each year. The holiday is 2nd to Christmas in terms of cards sent.
- The Chocolate Manufacturers Association of America says 36 million boxes of chocolates are sold for Valentine’s Day.
- Alexander Graham Bell applied for his patent on the telephone, an “improvement in telegraphy,” on Valentine’s Day, 1876.
- In the U.S., it’s estimated that 64% of men do not make plans in advance for Valentine’s Day.
- 80% of all Valentine cards are purchase for relatives.
- The name Valentine comes from the Latin word valor, meaning worthy.
- St. Valentine’s Day was declared an official holiday in 1537 when England’s King Henry VIII declared it for the first time.
- Pope Gelasius declared February 14th to be Saint Valentine’s Day in 498 A.D.
- Richard Cadbury invented the first Valentine’s Day candy box in the late 1800s.
- During Abraham Lincoln’s campaign for President, a Democrat named Valentine Tapley swore he would never shave again if Abe elected. Tapley kept his word and his chin whiskers went unshaved from November 1860 until he died in 1910, attaining a length of 12 feet 6 inches.
There’s nothing trivial about you… You are the heart of my business!
Happy Valentine's Day!